Latest release of Actix Insight enables real-time analysis of network performance data
London, 28 May 2008 – Actix, the leading provider of Network Status Management (NSM) solutions for mobile operators, today announced the latest release of Actix Insight, a next generation system designed to automatically identify, collate and diagnose common radio access network (RAN) problems.
Insight 1.3 represents a big step forward for NSM by enabling automatic investigation, reporting and sharing of real-time network performance information across the wireless enterprise, with operational cost savings running into tens of millions of dollars.
Innovations launched with Actix Insight 1.3 include:
• Use of real-time network data sources for generation of real-time tasks and visualization of statistics, delivering significantly increased platform performance
• Direct data export to common desktop systems such as Microsoft Excel enables tasks and network statistics to be easily shared across the enterprise
• Real-time identification of network issues provides greater operational efficiency and effectiveness by reducing the time needed to identify, diagnose, resolve and validate network problems
• Task list summary charts provide a quick overview of the type, severity and age of tasks in view
• Embedded intelligence links to integrated help text giving resolution steps to follow when addressing a problem
• Real-time charting enables quick verification that a problem still exists or if a resolution has been successful.
“While trying hard to maintain customer experience and retain increasingly demanding subscribers, mobile operators are finding their engineering resource is being stretched to the limit on basic tasks like finding, prioritizing and fixing network issues, all of which can easily be automated by Actix today,” said Neil Coleman, Insight Product Manager at Actix. “Actix Insight 1.3 builds on previous releases to deliver a more agile underlying architecture, more powerful automation capabilities, and the ability to share network performance statistics and data more easily with engineering and business functions across the organization. With the move to real-time data we are now able to offer a tenfold increase in performance,” he continued.
Actix will be on hand to discuss the radical performance gains delivered to engineering organizations by Insight and Actix One at CommunicAsia in Singapore on 17-20 June 2008.