Free registration is now open online
Our loyalty is constantly put to the test by advertisers seeking to increase user engagement among customers, employees and their communities. But how well do the experts really know how to move people? LoyaltyGames will put marketers’ skills to the test in an innovative competition starting on July 12th 2014. Registrations are now open for the 2014 Loyalty and Gamification World Championship, a free online competition designed for students and professionals. LoyaltyGames 2014 is independently organized and administered by the Professional Services Champions League (PSCL).
Round 1 and 2 will each run over a two-hour period simultaneously around the world.
In the early rounds, competitors will individually work through a series of multi-choice questions and case study analyses testing their skills and understanding of loyalty marketing, enterprise strategy and innovation, customer analytics and gamification techniques.
After two rounds, the world’s Top 12 will proceed to the World Finals. They will design and present a solution to a real-world case study.
Then, in a final interview, finalists will face a grilling from a panel of influential figures in Loyalty Marketing and Gamification.
Johann Odou, the competition’s lead organizer, says there has been a real focus to select judges who are prominent thought-leaders in their spaces, and each of the judges brings rich and unique experiences.
The LoyaltyGames 2014 Judging Panel features: -
- Mario Herger: CEO and Founder of Enterprise Gamification Consultancy
- Yu-kai Chou: Experienced Gamification Consultant and creator of Octalysis: The Complete Gamification Framework
- Sergio Jiménez: Founder and Chair of Gamification World Congress, Founder & Lead Designer at Game on! Lab
- Marigo Raftopoulos: Director of StrategicGamesLab, Co-Chair of Games for Change ANZ, Advisor to the European Commission’s Advanced Digital Gaming and Gamification Technologies Program
- Tyler Altrup: Senior Sales Consultant at Oracle, Keynote Speaker at leading global gamification conferences.
- Bill Hanifin: Managing Director at Hanifin Loyalty and author of Loyalty Manifesto 2013
- Ken Breen: Manager Director and Director of Sales at Acxiom ANZ
- Sam Goldberg: Corporate Development, Counsel and Co-founder at The Mobile Majority
Odou says LoyaltyGames provides an invaluable opportunity to understand macro-level issues in these industries.
“At its core, LoyaltyGames has a rich educational value. We’re constantly inundated with customer loyalty cards, apps and programmes in our day-to-day lives.”
“LoyaltyGames will stimulate a deeper conversation about what really makes people tick and how marketers can move people in extraordinary ways.”
To this end, the competition will publicly release finalists’ submissions – for free – to share knowledge and trigger discussion.
For Odou, the decision to merge Loyalty and Gamification captures their dynamic interplay in a convergent media landscape.
“Social, mobile and digital platforms are the lifeblood of any marketer.”
“Understanding gamification techniques is essential for modern-day marketers. Using gamification taps into ideals of competition, altruism, mastery and creativity.”
John Persico, CEO of Professional Services Champions League, agrees, “There’s more in common between loyalty marketing and gamification than people realize – they’re not mutually exclusive.
“Data suggests more companies are destroying the traditional silo mentality for a more holistic, collaborative approach between gamifiers and marketers.”
LoyaltyGames is proudly supported by Acxiom, Kobie Marketing, World Vision, Amazon Web Services, Deloitte Digital, BigDoor and more.
To register for LoyaltyGames 2014, visit www.theloyaltygames.com. Registration is free.