Rating: Micheal King answers them in his Appcelerator blog
Appcelerator has announced the hiring of former Gartner analyst, Michael King, as its principal mobile strategist. Formerly research director for all of Gartner’s US-based wireless data research and specialising in mobile enterprise strategy, King will help Appcelerator’s over 1,000 global enterprise customers define and implement their mobile initiatives. In addition, King will help guide Appcelerator’s internal product strategy, ensuring Appcelerator’s Titanium platform and integrated services meet the highest standards for building intuitive, cloud-connected content-rich applications for mobile, tablet and desktop platforms.
Readers may be interested in reading King’s latest blog post on ‘A CIO’s Top 5 Mobility Questions’ here.
In it, he addresses the five most asked mobility questions from enterprise IT leadership:-
1. How do I enable ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) and help employees actually use them?
2. How do I handle this massive device proliferation with a constant stream of new tablets, ultrabooks, other non-PC devices?
3. What sort of context should I integrate into my mobile applications, and how do I do it?
4. I’ve got a B2C strategy, what’s next?
5. Who builds these mobile apps for me and how should they do it?