Don’t even need live internet link whilst you drive
A new Android app, Sygic‘s India: GPS Navigation, features turn by turn voice-guided GPS navigation in more than 40 languages, speed limit displays and audio warnings, etc. – all which can be used by India’s 60 million Android users. The company is now making Sygic India: GPS Navigation available for free. It was previously offered for INR1399 ($27.99). This sophisticated app is powered by map data from MapmyIndia, the provider of up-to-date road maps for all of India. The product utilises off-line maps so that travellers in the region won’t get lost due to poor cellular reception; run up against data caps; or incurring expensive roaming charges.
Today, Sygic is something of a major global player with over 30 million downloads (in Google Play, USA) surpassing TomTom and Garmin as the Number One Top Grossing travel app .
It is already a leader in offline GPS navigation andprovides over 30 million global users with navigation in 115 countries.
The company integrates data from leading travel and mapping companies like TomTom and TripAdvistor to provide drivers with an excellent navigation experience.
Due to its heavy traffic conditions, and somewhat unreliable data connexions in many rural areas, quality offline maps are particularly important for millions of drivers in India, as well as for tourists visiting the country.
“By making our advanced navigation app available to millions of users for
free, Sygic is helping countries like India become a safer, more enjoyable place to travel,” said Sygic’s CEO- Michal Štencl.
Features of Sygic India: GPS Navigation include:-
- Turn-by-turn voice-guided GPS navigation
- 3D cities and landscapes
- Voice guidance in more than 40 languages
- Multi-stop routes and Drag & Drop route editing
- Speed limit display and audio warning
- Road incident sharing with other drivers
- Sharp curve warnings for added safety
- SOS/Help to find assistance nearby
- Spoken street names (text-to-speech) in American and British English
- Interactive map – tap on any street, POI, or photo to choose action
- Pedestrian navigation and stopwatch for outdoor activities