by Muhammad Azam, a professional technology blogger working with SunVPN
In an era when the percentage of cybercrime is increasing worldwide, some countries are trying to control their citizens whilst threatening their economic growth by putting into place certain bans over using the internet and/or accessing specific websites. This is not the only reason for doing so. Other causes include potential violations of laws in the country and harassing one people’s religious beliefs. To avoid public protests, some such governments have been trying to cut out the source of trouble – the web. However, this not only affects the public but businesses too. For example, banning sites like YouTube and Facebook are exactly the same sites that work well for online businesses. In such countries many companies could potentially go out of business. Which is why VPN services should be considered.
What can be done?
There are many ways by which the ban on sites can be overcome and access to banned Internet services can be reacquired.
Using a proxy server against such settings can help but it is not the most reliable way.
Using such proxies can prove to be a highly insecure way to send and receive your data over the internet.
That is why many people prefer to use the secure services of a VPN instead.
What is a Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a method of providing privacy on private networks and over public networks such as Wi-fi hotspots.
Corporations often use and buy VPN services from the likes of specialists such as SunVPN to protect their sensitive data.
VPN services are getting popular in those countries where the authorities have put restrictions on the likes of Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
The services offered by VPN suppliers use the best security mechanisms which is why this mode of communication over the internet is regarded to be the securist.
The chief advantages of such a medium are as follows: -
- It is safest as it helps you access internet anonymously. It protects your identity and location that is the main reason why VPNs have grown popular amongst internet users.
- You can access the blocked sites easily and from anywhere in the world.
- VPN shields your browsing history because while using it, there is no ISP listing of visited websites.
- A VPN makes it extremely difficult for hackers to discover your location. That is the main reason why most mobile workers prefer VPNs to secure their data over wireless networks in public places.
- VPN services are not that expensive and can be bought from a variety of different VPN service providers online.
- Crucially, VPN services are not just for desktop PCs. They can be used on smartphones and tablets as well as laptops and netbooks. VPNs are effectively platform agnostic.
You can search online for more advantages of using VPN services and can enhance your use of the internet once and for all.
Muhammad Azam is a professional technology blogger working with SunVPN VPN services. He loves to write on different technology related topics including VPN networks; VPN services; plus the pros and cons of VPN networks.