Helping retailers successfully target in the run up to Xmas
The big problem in the mobile marketing space – as most readers will know – is that there’s still a lot of fragmentation. Hence Placecast has released PlaceAd which it claims is the the easiest way (using real-time bidding - RTB) to buy local mobile ads across a variety of partners.This product is designed to help retailers and brands drive efficiency with their massive Xmas marketing efforts. Placecast argues this is the first ad platform that combines three features: – a huge ad inventory; highly accurate execution of local mobile campaigns; and the latest in analytics including heatmaps.
The company is achieving this via partnerships with some of the industry’s leading exchanges and SSPs including MoPub (recently bought by Twitter), PubMatic, and Smaato.
To date, three hundred plus brands have deployed Placecast geofencing programmes over the last four years.
With PlaceAd, media buyers can target and reach mobile audiences based on their location; plus optimise their message across criteria including age, gender, interests, device type/operating system, time of day, and weather.
Placecast says PlaceAd is a demand-side platform (DSP) offering programmatic buying tools and analytics and Placecast’s decision engine automatically optimises campaign performance having been refined over four years.
By employing Placecast’s patented technology, PlaceAd users can manage geotargeted campaigns based on the quality of the location data across billions of impressions with integrated reporting and store-level analytics.
According Millenial Media (here) as much as 40 percent of mobile advertising campaigns in categories like consumer packaged goods (CPG) use location-based targeting.
Karsten Weide, program vp for media & entertainment, at IDC commented, “Mobile advertising, location and real-time bidding are the key ways to reach consumers today, and ad agencies can’t get enough of them.”
Weide continued, “PlaceAd is hitting a sweet-spot in the advertiser market and provides a timely solution for the pain points in reaching mobile audiences locally.”
According to Alistair Goodman, CEO with Placecast, observed, “PlaceAd is the latest addition in our toolset that makes it easier for advertisers and agencies to buy location-based mobile campaigns.”
He continued, “This new offering combines years of geofence marketing expertise with great tools and analytics, that together reduce the friction in buying location-based mobile advertising campaigns at scale.”
Key features of PlaceAd include: -
- Reach across thousands of safe mobile publishers for location-based mobile display inventory: Via partnerships with MoPub, PubMatic, and Smaato
- Transparency on publishers where campaigns run
- Real-time bidding: – the ability to price and deliver on a per-impression basis in real-time; IAB OpenRTB 2.1 spec compliant
- Machine learning and 0ptimisation:- Placecast’s decision engine optimises campaign performance based on activity across placements and publishers to maximise performance.
- Dynamic creative: – clients can change elements in the ad based on location, time of day, or other info on the consumer
- Store-level analytics and reporting: – consolidated campaign reporting shows deliveries, clicks, and other actions across different inventory down to the individual store location. Heatmaps can be used to see campaign activity near targeted areas.
- Geotargeting using both proximity geofencing and metro-level data.
- Audience targeting though a number of methods: – contextual targeting based on content; place profiles; third party audience data
- Third Party ad serving support: – agencies can track their campaign data in DoubleClick for Advertisers or Atlas